Travertine Limestone Countertops Pros and Cons
Pros – Travertine looks luminous, attractive, and cool. Installing it in the Kitchen is recommended. Clean it regularly and keep it dry for the best experience.
Cons – Travertine Limestones are porous, which makes them vulnerable to stains and scratches. On exposure to acids, they react and get damaged.
Price Range: $ 67 – 200 per Sqft
Advantages of Travertine:
- Veining and imperfections make the stone highly desired.
- It is excellent for the kitchen because it reflects the light well.
- It is easier to cut and shape
Disadvantages of Travertine:
- Stain easily with acids
- Must be appropriately sealed during installation
- Reseal after 2-3 years
- Easy to scratch
- Difficult to repair damage
- Direct heat cannot be applied
Travertine is a versatile product, you can see its applications very often in South Florida. With travertine, you always get full value for your money.
Read More: What is Travertine?