We all love to keep our kitchen as clean as possible. However, it becomes very difficult to find time in our busy schedules. Your regular habit of wiping off your kitchen countertops and mopping the kitchen floor keeps your kitchen clean but nobody knows what’s going inside your kitchen cabinet. Cleaning the inner cabinets does not come under your daily routine even though your kitchen cabinets require a lot of attention as they catch residues of different things such as grease and whatnot. Hence, regular cleaning of kitchen cabinets is a must because it may catch germs that are surely unhealthy for the human body.
It is necessary to clean kitchen cabinets once a month as you will observe the dirt and debris buildup, which is not good for human health. So, consider cleaning your kitchen cabinets more often in three simple steps.
1. Prepare Your Cleaning Solution
- Use Lysol to wipe down all dirt and bacteria.
- Also, use a damp cloth to wipe the inside of the kitchen cabinets thoroughly.
2. Remove Thick Grease Buildup
Thick grease buildup often makes your kitchen look ugly. Moreover, here is a solution to prevent your kitchen cabinets from looking ugly. Orange oil works wonders to remove grease from your cabinet. You have to form a mixture of three parts of baking soda and one water. Apply the paste with the help of the brush on the surface of your cabinets.
Removing Grease with White Vinegar and Hot Water
Vinegar is an acidic product that helps cut the greasy element from your kitchen cabinets. Moreover, mix water with vinegar and spray inside your cabinets. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then clean it with a damp cloth. You will see neat kitchen cabinets.
How to Remove Grease with White Vinegar
Wet a sponge with white vinegar and apply it to your cabinet’s surface. Leave it for a while and see the magic. Vinegar is the best source of cutting grease from different surfaces.
Remove Kitchen Cabinet Grease with Dishwashing Liquid
Removing the grease from your custom kitchen cabinets is quite simple if you follow the instructions carefully. You have to wet your sponge directly with dishwashing liquid and apply it to the greasy surface. Once you are done with the application, leave it for a few minutes to see the magic. Now clean the surface with a dry cloth to clean all the remaining residue of the dishwashing liquid.
3. The Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Here are a few Do’s and don’ts of cleaning the kitchen cabinets.
- Make sure that you use a gentle cleaning technique to clean the inside of your kitchen cabinets
- Some spots are way tighter, which only comes out after using an old toothbrush
- Damp a cloth with warm water and clean the cabinet’s surface after the entire cleaning
- No harsh scrubbing or your kitchen cabinets will be damaged
- Don’t soak your cabinets, as a lot of moisture can result in severe damage to your kitchen cabinets
- Don’t let the water run through the handles of your kitchen cabinets, as it may damage your hardware
Read More: Tips for selecting Kitchen Cabinets
As a result, it is important to clean the outside of the kitchen cabinets, but the inner side of the cabinets also requires attention. Many bacteria start to grow from such places and damage your health. So make a habit of cleaning your cabinets from inside more often. Regular cleaning may reduce the number of bacteria inside your kitchen cabinets.