In your home remodeling, you will put on the best materials, whether you are doing a kitchen remodeling or a bathroom remodeling. There are various stones that are quite popular among homeowners for kitchen countertops and slabs. These include marble, onyx, granite, and quartz.
SK Stones USA is a supplier of premium quality natural and engineered stones. Marble and onyx both have some specific features which differentiate them from each other.
In this blog, you will get to know which stone is best for countertops and slabs. Also, we will compare onyx and marble stones with each other. In this way, we can observe closely which stone is best suitable for your kitchen countertops, whether marble stone or onyx:
Marble Vs. Onyx
A metamorphic rock called marble can be found in a variety of colors, which include black, white, grey, red, pink, and blue. Onyx is a distinctive countertop material because it comes in a wide range of colors and has veining that offers contrasting colors.
We will therefore assist you in making the decision regarding “Which countertop material is better than the other in terms of durability, cost, area of usage, and maintenance?”
Let’s proceed to learn more:
Why should you go for Onyx or Marble?
Onyx is the stone that makes your countertop stand out from the crowd, and if you want your kitchen countertop to look the best. Onyx countertops make your kitchen stand out and give an aesthetic appeal to it.
However, onyx is an expensive stone because it’s rare, whereas marble is a common stone.
Marble and onyx stones both come under the category of expensive countertops materials. Hence, they come under the same price range. So what makes the difference between them is maintenance.
Onyx requires a little more maintenance as compared to marble. You can easily maintain marble stones, and they are common in home interiors and exteriors.
Both marble and onyx require routine upkeep and maintenance since they must be sealed frequently. Onyx requires routine care and maintenance, including sealing and washing with a stone cleaner. At the same time, marble requires twice-yearly sealing and daily routine washing.
Both of them must be handled carefully because if something acidic, such as lime juice or vinegar, drips on the surface, it will discolor. Using sharp items on them will cause scratches, and fixing them is expensive. Onyx is exceedingly delicate and requires a fiberglass backing substance to strengthen it; as a result, unlike other stones, its slabs are often small when they are extracted.
Considering Onyx for your Kitchen Countertops
Suppose you want to have a natural stone for your kitchen countertop. But, if you need something which is a rare and luxurious thing, then onyx will be an ideal option for you. You will get the following advantages if you install onyx countertops in your kitchen:
- The distinctive aesthetic that sets onyx countertops apart from other natural stone options is their main advantage.
- Onyx typically has bright, pastel colors. Onyx countertops are available in a variety of colors, from blue and green to yellow and red, just like other materials. Additionally, it comes in neutral colors like beige and cream.
- Additionally, there are other unique variants and patterns, including specks resembling quartz, veins like those found in marble, and swirls like those seen in granite.
- If you take care of your onyx countertops in the kitchen, they will last for 100 years. So, there will be little chance for its replacement.
- Onyx is a rare stone that is extracted from deep down the Earth’s Crust.
- One of the most remarkable features of onyx is that it is a lightweight stone than other natural stones.
- Onyx is typically quarried in small slabs, making it simple to handle and construct. It is best suited for vertical and interior applications because it is on the softer end of the stone density spectrum.
These are some of the features which make onyx countertops an ideal pick for your kitchen. Now, let’s move toward the marble stone for your kitchen countertops:
Considering Marble for Your Kitchen Countertops
Marble countertops give your kitchen an aesthetic appearance and make it look elegant. Most of the time, homeowners choose marble stone for their kitchen countertops because of its timeless and classic appeal. Some of the features of marble countertops are listed below, which makes it a perfect pick for countertops and slabs:
- Compared to other commercially available natural stones, marble often lasts up to five times longer before needing to be replaced. Due to its ability to withstand countertop activity, you don’t need to be concerned about chips, scratches, or cuts of any type. As a result, you won’t need to replace or repair your marble countertop anytime soon, saving you money in the long term.
- If the countertop stone is not locally available, delivery expenses may be included in the pricing. Because marble is readily accessible, your countertop installation may be completed more quickly because you won’t need to wait days for the finished product to be delivered.
- While it’s not advisable to leave hot pans and pots directly on kitchen marble worktops, marble does have heat-resistant characteristics.
- So, a home with a marble countertop should expect a greater market value than one with an average stone or concrete countertop.
- However, to avoid harming the finish, it is preferable to use trivets and hot pads.
Onyx Vs. Marble
If you want to give your kitchen an eye-catchy look and appearance, then Onyx countertops are the best for your kitchen. It is extremely uncommon and provides a very lovely countertop material. You can use onyx countertops for decorative purposes too.
However, if durability is important to you and you plan to work frequently on your countertop, choose marble. SK Stones USA is a leading supplier for so many natural stones, including marble and onyx too. They are offering premium quality stones in the United States. So, what are you waiting for? Go get the one for your kitchen countertops!
Read More: How To Choose The Best Kitchen Countertops Material?