Replacing old countertop materials with a new one changes the entire look of your kitchen. Fortunately, there are multiple options available for you in the market with different price ranges at SK Stones USA.
Granite Countertops Material
Granite countertops were only seen in high-end and luxury kitchens the last time, but now they are quite popular. These natural stone countertops are easily available at home improvement stores.
- Composition: Granite countertops are constructed out of interlocking mineral crystals, feldspar, and quartz.
Other minerals are also part of the construction, making the granite stone unique.
- Durability: If you use granite countertops normally, then they last longer.
- Looks: There are several small pieces speckled together to form a stone. These granite stones have a veined look. Also, granite looks similar to marble.
Learn in details why granite is so valuable for your house?
Quartzite Countertops Material
Quartzite undoubtedly is a naturally occurring metamorphic stone. Furthermore, quartzite creates when sandstone receives constant heat and pressure due to tectonic plate compression in the earth’s crust.
- Composition: The natural porous stone is cut off into exact dimensions to form quartzite countertop materials which are best for your kitchen. Aside from that, quartzite is a natural stone which makes it different from the rest of the other stones.
- Durability: Quartzite is truly one of the most durable materials you will ever buy as your kitchen countertop. Also, it is just that you have to use it normally and not recklessly.
- Looks: Quartzite countertops have a glassy appearance and look like marble in some cases.
Quartz Countertops Material
Quarts are surely an artificial material, unlike quartzite. Moreover, it is a synthetic stone whose manufacturing takes place from stone chips and other elements.
- Composition: Quartz countertops are made of engineered stone. Apart from that, quartz countertops are composed of quartz chips or quartz dust bound together with resin.
- Durability: The most indestructible stone is what we call quartz. Furthermore, it works perfectly fine under normal kitchen use.
- Looks: Quartz countertops have a mottled and speckled appearance which makes them unique among other stones.
Marble Countertops Material
The most beautiful and natural stone that exists on earth is marble, which adds beauty to your kitchen and is also durable to a great extent. Marble is surely an ideal flooring option for many interior designers. Apart from that, the first thing that you need to replace in your kitchen is the countertop and tabletop.
- Composition: Marble countertops are composed of calcite, serpentine, and dolomite.
- Durability: If you properly take care of marble, it will last unexpectedly for a longer time.
- Looks: Marble comes with a soft and smooth appearance with scattered veining patterns, ranging between subtle and delicate to dramatic and bold.
Onyx Countertops Material
Onyx is also a natural stone similar to that of quartzite. Moreover, people who are to renovate their houses surely look for this stone as their countertop because it resembles marble to a great extent.
- Composition: The composition of the onyx stone is based on microcrystalline to coarse calcite and very rarely by aragonite.
- Durability: Onyx is a highly durable stone, and you must forget to replace your countertops once you have chosen onyx countertops because they last for 100 years under normal kitchen use.
- Looks: Onyx countertops appear light or pastel in color.
Travertine Countertops Material
Travertine countertops come with a rich and polished surface. Moreover, travertine is quite a popular material and is usually compared with marble.
- Composition: Natural travertine is made of several minerals. However, the main component is calcite (calcium carbonate).
- Durability: Travertine countertop materials are way more durable than other materials. Furthermore, these materials only absorb water and moisture.
- Looks: The travertine countertop resembles marble at times. Even more, it often looks like an onyx mare too. It has several earthy hues like cream, walnut, coral red, ivory, beige, and gold.
So, are you ready to replace your outdated countertops with the ones we have discussed in this article? Hurry up and choose your favorite countertop material to enhance the beauty of your kitchen. Complete your home’s mesmerizing look with our alluring stones. Choose from our best collection.
Read More: Why Quartz Kitchen Countertops for Bakers?